Friday, January 22, 2010

Week 21

Is it just me, or are the weeks going quicker than before?  Maybe that's due to actually posting each week....

Mom
Mom is very content this week.  Finally getting used to the belly (although I hear a rumor about it getting bigger...) and ready to get back into the swing of things.  Step 1:  Pre-natal yoga class! It's been more than 2 years since my last true 'class' and I'm very much looking forward to a little downward facing dog over the coming months.  I should have gained 10-15 pounds by this week, but I'm staying clear of the scale until I absolutely have to - no sense in making myself cringe!

Dad
Dad has started the search for childcare this week - coming home with a long list of potential providers.  With Mom now in the happy relaxed stage of pregnancy, it's good that someone is being practical!  

Grams and Grandpa 
The grandparents Hylton made a big splash this week when baby boy's crib and changing table arrived at the house.  Granted, they are still in the box, but at least we know he will have someplace to sleep when he gets here. And I think we are all looking forward to their next trip down in February.

Baby
Nearly the size of a large banana and weighing in at least 3/4 of a pound, Baby is still growing quickly, but is about to take some time off to work on the development of his organs.  Starting next week the intestines will contract as the baby swallows amniotic fluid to absorb nutrients and prepare his body for digestion after birth.  He can even taste what Mom is eating and seems to love Mexican food (that sounds familiar...).  REM (rapid eye movement) has also started this week and occurs when the baby is sleeping.  Does that mean that little baby dreams are also happening? 



No comments:

Post a Comment