Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Under the Lights

I thought the first time I saw my little guy under lights they would be the lights of a baseball field.  Imagine my surprise when at 4 days old he was diagnosed with jaundice severe enough to be treated with photo-therapy.  Of course, we knew that he was a little 'tan' but I was not concerned that it was severe.  This entire experience resulted in our first ever ER trip (since we would be getting the lights after normal business hours).  I was worried about a number of things, including how he would fair under lights for 24 hours, but he seemed to handle it much better than I did! The next day therapy was discontinued as his levels had dropped below the level of concern. A few more days of laying in his Moses Basket in the sunshine should just about do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment