Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Week 38

End of baseball season................check
Organization of work projects.....check
Baby Showers............................check
Nursery organization...................check
End of school..............................check
Thank you notes written..............check
Hospital bag packed.. ................check
Registration at Hospital ..............check
Baby..........................................still working on that one! 

Mom and Dad
Yes, we are ready! But apparently the baby is not.  All the books say 'be ready by 37/38 weeks because babies sometimes surprise you and come early.'  Yes, we still have 2 full weeks until our due date - but I was really thinking that my baby would be one of those who was overly eager to join this world...... not yet apparently!!  The good news?  We know it will be less than 28 days from today until we will get to meet the little guy. (The doctor won't let us go longer than 42 weeks).  We are, however, enjoying the 'down time' that we are getting right now - doing some deep cleaning and organization at the house and getting prepared for the tornado that is getting ready to hit us.

I finally had to remove my wedding rings this week - they say swelling affects all pregnant women by 38 weeks - especially as the weather gets warmer. I was a little sad to take them off, but it means I'm that much closer to having a baby! And I just want to take this opportunity to observe how lucky I was to have avoided being pregnant over the summer.  As I heard my sister recently told someone 'unless you plan it perfectly (i.e. getting pregnant in August or September) with 9 month pregnancy you will be pregnant at some point in the summer!'

Kirk and I toured the childbirth suite at our hospital Wednesday which has made it even more real that it's just about time.  As much as I can go on about 'why isn't he here yet?' The truth is that the baby's arrival is eminent.

Baby
Baby boy is obviously very content to remain in his current location for sometime - putting on a few more ounces and making it that much more difficult for me to push him out. Each day that I stay pregnant allows the baby's lungs to develop and keeps him from fitting into all those adorable Newborn sized clothing that we have stacked up in his closet.  Growth slows down this week, so it's not as if he'll put on another 2 lbs even if we go 4 more weeks - it will be more like 1 or 1 1/2 lbs (although that doesn't seem much better). Overall, if we take the last measurement we got 6lbs 5oz 3 weeks ago, Baby should weigh between 7 and 8 lbs right now and between 8 and 9 lbs at birth.

(This picture actually makes me look smaller than I think I am, but I'll take it!)

And this is the size of the baby inside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment