Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Memories

It's hard to believe that it was two years ago that we welcomed Whit into the world.

Two years.... what does that even mean? At times two years seems an eternity.  One day seemed an eternity two years ago as we waited, waited, waited for Whit to come.  And yet, the last two years has seemed to pass in the blink of an eye.

With lack of sleep, postpartum depression, work stress and the simple chaos of bringing an infant into our lives I'm surprised I can remember any of the last two years. 

It's funny how memories work.  I have this fuzzy image of a hospital room with a very clear memory of the first time I locked eyes with Whit. I remember looking up at Kirk and thinking that I could never love more than I did at that moment. I've surprised myself by loving more and more every day.  We seem to have no limit for love, an infinite capacity... I think I read that somewhere.

And here we are two years later. Thousands of changed diapers, a lot of nursing, some sleepless nights, a few million lullabies, a couple frantic phone calls to the doctor, discipline, lots of laughter, never enough hugs and kisses and more love than can be measured. 

By far the best two years of my life.  (So far).









No comments:

Post a Comment