Saturday, August 14, 2010

A few of our favorite things...

As the song goes: "When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad....I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad."

Dad
One of Dad's favorite times is the first 10 minutes after Whit wakes up from a deep sleep.  Similar to both his parents, Whit is a very heavy sleeper at night and not a great napper during the day (sorry Mrs. Smoak - he gets it honestly!) While this can lead to frustration during the day when you lay him down and he is awake 10 minutes later, it also results in a rather adorable 'waking up' time.  While I would like to think that he could always change, I do believe that we will one day have a teenager that it is nearly impossible to wake up.

Mom
Mommy loves it when Whit gets that drowsy look on his face and can barely keep his eyes open but makes one last attempt just so that he can make sure that we aren't having too much fun without him.  I love taking a moment to breath deeply that smell that is simply Whit - especially first thing in the morning and after bath time. I love that Whit recognizes my smell and my voice and is beginning to recognize my face.  There's nothing like a mother's ability to calm her child simply by being near him.

Whit 
From what we can tell, Whit loves to get clean.  You'll see the most smiles during bath time and diaper/clothing changing times.  Who can blame him, I like to be fresh as well! He also loves to cuddle and tends to sleep better and more soundly while being held (Again, sorry Mrs. Smoak - I swear he was like that when he was born!) I have a suspicion that this comes from several months at the end of my pregnancy when he was, to put it plainly, squished.  The best way to re-create that cramped space is held tightly in your arms.  Another favorite - eating. Weighing in at more than 15 lbs at 2 months old, it is an undeniable fact that this kid enjoys eating.  And he usually approaches it with gusto - no calm nurser, Whit makes it known when he wants to eat and he typically gets down to business.

Favorite Faces

No comments:

Post a Comment