Friday, August 31, 2012

Catch Phrase

Another post in the Wonderful Words series.

Yet again Whit's linguistic development continues to amaze me.  He's putting together sentences and has a few phrases that are just too funny not to share.

Some things that Whit says that crack us up:

"Hey, what are you doing here?"
"I play mini-golf"
"You gotta be kidding me!"

"I LOVE _____"    The  blank is often filled with "baseball" or "Sarah"
"Up and Adam!"    Yelled with his hands 'cupping' his mouth after he tells you to "Be asleep!"  

 Two things that remind me of stories I've heard about my sister for as long as I can remember: 

"Whas that?" This is slowly changing to, with indignation, "What IS that?"
"Hey Babe" or "Honey" As he calls up the steps for me...      

These can be the most frustrating phrases as they are often relayed as an order: 

"I eat" 
"I have" 
"I do" 
"I wake" 

It is still interesting to see at what times these orders come out.  The other day Whit said to me "No, Mom, I have it." I cannot even recall what he was "having" but I do know that this particular phrase resulted in a very serious conversation between us.


No comments:

Post a Comment