Monday, March 12, 2012

Ewwww....Take 2

Kirk and I woke up to a very sick little boy this morning. Whit has managed to contract his second viral stomach bug in less than 2 weeks. The first lasted about 5 days and we felt very blessed to get over it without severe dehydration and very little irritability on Whit's part. Kirk and I were less lucky as we both tend to be irritable on short sleep and I, at least, have been short of sleep for just over two years now - I need every minute I can get!

Now we are on round two and this time it's both ends! (I never thought I would be one to say that. I prefer to be very tact about bodily functions, something I inherited from my mother.) Today we didn't waste any time, I took Whit to the doctor immediately to be sure that there was nothing more serious wrong. Thankfully, Whit was able to keep some liquids down while we were at the doctor's office and he is now at home cuddling with Daddy. I'm looking forward to seeing him again soon and I'm hoping that he will regain some of his usually rambunctiousness.

I'll end with something that made me very warm and fuzzy and completely validated me as a mother.

ME: Dr., is there anything else that we can do for him?

DR: No, it's most likely a virus and must run it's course. The good news? You are still breastfeeding and that is the very best for him right now. Just keep doing what you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment