Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Fever

One of the joys of having a small child is the ability to blame your lack of organization, cleanliness and motivation on them. Seriously.  I have been very lax around the house recently and have not put in as many hours at work as I typically do because I have been taking advantage of the beautiful weather and attending baseball games and playdates at the park.  And I've rarely (if ever) even turned on my computer once I've finished work for the day.  (Hence the lack of blogging!) And I've loved every minute. Last week it seemed that spring was in full swing. Sunny baseball weather, mild nights (great for before dinner walks) and ever greening grass and budding trees.

Now, I sit in a small room in the basement of Wallace Hall on the campus of Virginia Tech. Thank goodness I have a window to look out of as I sit for the next 6 hours and write for my final Master's Degree Exam. And although it is officially spring and the first day of April, clearly God is playing a bit of a practical joke.  My favorite cherry tree is blossoming beautifully against a backdrop of blue sky and small flakes of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment